Re: [Nautilus-list] CVS compile failure (nautilus-authn-manager.c)

On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 03:51, Darin Adler wrote:
> on 9/19/01 8:33 AM, Chris Heywood at psych primus com au wrote:
>
> > I got this compile failure with nautilus, eel, librsvg, and gnome-vfs
> > from anoncvs.  Debian unstable machine.
>
> Besides the "newer nautilus, older gnome-vfs" thing, there's a more-likely
> possibility.
>
> The new gnome-vfs puts headers into a different place than the old
> gnome-vfs. So it's important that you remove the headers from the old
> gnome-vfs, because otherwise they might be found from include statements. A
> "make uninstall" is one way to do this.
>
> If you are using packages there's no problem, because the package manager
> will remove the old headers.

Ah, that was my problem.  Thanks heaps Darin.  I installed from CVS, so
I had the old gnome-vfs headers still in place.

Things look very nice.  Good bye to ~/Nautilus is nice.  Window speed up
is good.

Had to change the panel level to be able to have a functioning desktop
though.  Any reports on whether this is definitely fixed in Sawfish or
not?  Using Sawfish 1.0 here from Debian unstable package.

Thanks,
Chris