Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus-Mozilla proposal

When I skimmed the galeon-devel list earlier in the week, in seemed at
least that they were planning on making galeon work with either
mozilla(if and when ported) as well as with gtkhtml2. I can email the
galeon  list to confirm this, since i'm not positive.

But just to add, if galeon can't get mozilla to work, than nautilus can't
either which comes back to my original point. We should let the galeon
folks handle the webview, and ditch nautilus-mozilla and all it's bugs.

dave

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> said:

> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 bordoley msu edu wrote:
>
> > Before I just go and close bugs, i wanted to make a proposal to the
> > maintainers (probably a good idea in general)
> >
> > Many nautilus-mozilla bugs refer to the lack of web-browsing
functionality of
> > this component. Actually fixing these bugs would basically amount to
> > reimplementing galeon. However galeon now has a very nice
nautilus view for
> > 1.0.x and is currently being ported to gnome2. In addition i believe
that
> > galeon is going to allow the use of either mozilla or gtkhtml as the
rendering
> > agent ( don't quote me on that, but i recall seeing it somewhere).
> >
> > So i propose that we close all old mozilla view bugs as won't fix.
Most of