Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus & signals ...

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Alex Larsson wrote:

> I once tried to optimize the "null" signal emission. But it is really hard
> to figure that nobody is gonna recieve it in a cheap way, so it never got
> anywhere.
>
> Of course tim is not the only one who can do it, but I was hoping he would
> implement the stuff he had planned.

the major optimization already went in before 2.0, that is getting rid
of g_value_* calls in marshallers if G_ENABLE_DEBUG is not defined.
there's little left to optimize in gsignal.c specifically, i'm open
to suggestions and profiles that point out slow but heavily frequented
code portions.

---
ciaoTJ