[Nautilus-list] nautilus desktop empty

Hi All,

I have installed nautilus 1.04 for the first time on freebsd 4.4 and it seems as it all installed fine from ports. i am not using a file-manager on this computer before this.

i see that nautilus starts up and chenges my desktop image to a grey background.

but no home folder... no right-clickability... no nautilus file manger window...

i appreciate any feedback.

thanx...

i have tried to research documents but a). i am having trouble finding a homepage for nautilus b). where are the man pages for nautilus and finally c). it seems all the html users guide assumes that you have a working version of nautilus.

p.s. i am running evolutiion 0.13 also and gnome 1.4.something.

thanks again