Re: [Nautilus-list] Unncess. Preference

On 23 Apr 2002, Michael Petnuch wrote:

> I was recently playing with the font properties of nautilus and then
> realised that it can also be control by the
> gnome-font-and-theme-properties control-center thingy.  It seems
> redundant to have both of these.

I don't think the font prefs are really finalized yet actually.

Anyway, we've been thinking of actually moving all of the nautilus
preferences to a capplet. I think that would further the vision that
Nautilus is just a part of the whole desktop, and is not a separate
program/product. I think moving font configuration to a common place is
also a step in the right direction.

> And an a side note, how come the desktop and in stuff (where the
> directores are show) do not honor the font settings, but the side bar
> and menus honor it?

I'm not sure you want the same font there. Especially not for the desktop.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced zombie dog-catcher with nothing left to lose. She's a
pregnant renegade single mother with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch.
They fight crime!