Re: [Nautilus-list] Unncess. Preference

On 23 Apr 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Diego González <diego pemas net> writes:
> > Alex it would be really easy (keeping the dependence on eel) to strip
> > the current preferences dialog (as it is right now) and put it in a
> > capplet. Should I try separating it into a capplet?
>
> I don't think just dumping the current prefs into a capplet achieves
> anything; to me the reason you want a capplet is to put each pref
> somewhere logical, e.g. the font setting goes with the
> GTK/windowmanager font, the Nautilus theme goes with gtk/WM themes,
> etc.

Nod.

> It probably makes sense to keep prefs related to the Nautilus browser
> shell and icon/list views in Nautilus itself. Some are possibly in
> right click on background, choose Properties, vs. in the shell
> windows.

I'm not sure. We could have a capplet for e.g. file manager windows
settings.

> As with s/Sawfish/Window Manager/ s/Desk Guide/Workspace Switcher/
> etc. we probably want to be thinking s/Nautilus/File Manager/ and
> s/Nautilus/Desktop Background/ or whatever.
>
> To me this is all post-2.0 kind of stuff.

Yes. Very much so.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scrappy bohemian astronaut on the hunt for the last specimen of a great
and near-mythical creature. She's a violent punk politician from out of town.
They fight crime!