Re: how can I make a desktop system like MS-windows?

Full hierarchal virtualization of the file system may be a cool idea. However
in the gnome sense perhaps a better way to do this would be:

+Start Here (or whatever we decide to call it in the future)
|---Applications
|---Settings (see seth's latest proposal on Desktop Devel)
|---Trash
|---Network Drives
|---File System

This is just an idea not totally sure where to go with it though. It would be
nice if this was done at a layer lower than nautilus (assuming vfs) so that
this virtual hierarchy could be shared with the file selctor etc.

anyway just brain dumping,

dave