Re: Software installation from applications:

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 11:45, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Johnathan Bailes">
>
> > After messing with fontilus I got an idea.
> >
> > Has anyone thought of adding a feature to the applications:// view in
> > nautilus so that a user could drag an rpm into the applications menu and
> > have a prompt come up for software installation like Mac OS X?
> >
> > The user would be prompted for the root login if they want to install.
>
> Check out nautilus-rpm -> it doesn't do all of this stuff yet, but it's on
> its way. Another Fine Hack from James Henstridge. :-)
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
>   "When's the last time you heard of the police having to intervene at an
>                    antiquarian book riot?" - Raph Levien

Very cool.  Hate belaboring the point.

However, how far is this fine extension from being either its own
package or included in the Nautilus core?

Are there source packages somewhere for this or maybe even rpms?

I did not see any links for it on his website.

--
Johnathan Bailes <johnathan bailes esi baesystems com>