[Nautilus-list] Re: Nautilus Web site (was List Spam)

On 2/1/02 8:43 AM, "Glen Gray" <glen antefacto com> wrote:

>> What lists besides nautilus-list?
>>
> Wasn't sure if there was more than one, so "lists" was just in case :-D

And this discussion was about moving the list. Yes, I do plan to move the
list.

>> What web pages?
>>
> http://nautilus.eazel.com/

Would you like to move it to the gnome web server? It seems that it would be
very easy to do so. I'd also be happy to take nautilus.eazel.com down if you
think it creates a bad impression.

> I know that this page is out of date too. I believe there is a new Gnome
> web site on its way with a nautilus section but Gnome 2 is obviously
> taking priority.

I'm not sure that the people who would work on the web site are actively
working on Gnome 2.

> Once the conversion settles down it would be nice to do a proper web
> page(s) for Nautilus. I found it very hard to find information about the
> project on the web. To do that I ended up joining the list/chatting on
> #gnome/reading the CVS docs for the project. Not that that's a problem
> but when I want to find out about GTK+ I don't need to join the list/go
> to IRC/ check out the CVS code. I can go to www.gtk.org/www.gnome.org
> and read tutorials and API references.

Please! I would love to have someone do a good web page for nautilus!

> It would be nice to have tutorials etc. in the long run detailing how
> Nautilus works, how to write viewers/pluggins etc.

Yes, that would be nice.

> I'm not expecting this anytime soon. And I will gladly help put if
> needed when this happens.

I would like the help right now. I don't know what you're waiting for.

    -- Darin