[Nautilus-list] command line nautilus actions?

I keep thinking it would be nice if you could do things like change
icons, move to trash, etc. from a terminal. Has anyone thought about
this?

Some things that would be nice:
assignIcon filename iconname
moveToTrash filename(s)
emptyTrash
assignEmblum filename  [then be prompted with a list of emblums]
setDefaultView (list|icons|music)
...perhaps others.

Many of these would be just a few lines of Perl.

If somene's already done this stuff, I'd love to mess with it,
otherwise, I might try implimenting some of it.

--Ben