Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus resizing and SVG icons

On 2/8/02 4:48 AM, "Jakub Steiner" <jimmac ximian com> wrote:

> Another critical issue is zooming in the icon view. Doing that in a
> directroy with various SVG icons just kills nautilus for minute or two
> even on a decent CPU. It would be cool if nautilus either
>
>       * rendered loading.svg and showed it all over while rendering
>         the rest and progressively showing the real icons
>       * scale up the lower-res version bitmap that it already cached
>         and progressively render the hi-res versions
>       * render the stuff normally, but did not lock up the rest of the
>         windows/desktop

Patches would be willingly accepted to do any of those things.

My current focus is on getting the Gnome 2 version of Nautilus up to snuff
with just the features of the Gnome 1 version, but I am definitely excited
to integrate improvements done by other people while I'm busy with just
that.

    -- Darin