Re: [Nautilus-list] 4 nautilus processes chewing up memory

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 10:06, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 07:50, Darin Adler wrote:
>
> > These aren't 4 processes chewing up 60% of your memory. They are 4 threads
> > inside 1 process,
>
> This needs a big blinking glowing info screen somewhere. At the very
> least it should go /prominently/ in the Gnome 2 user docs. This question
> confuses people and comes up /a lot/

Does gtop (or whatever the Gnome system-resources-meter thingy is
these days) handle this nicely?

(Okay, why don't I just look myself... Hmm. I'm not sure how to
interpret the results. The "Processes" tab just looks like "top",
and it seem like the other tabs have *too much* information for the
novice user. Or for me. I can't tell whether any of the possible
memory views are making the distinction, or not.)