Re: [Nautilus-list] Patch: Show hidden files toolbar button

On 2/11/02 3:10 PM, "Fredrik Nilsson" <jymdman home se> wrote:

> Isn't this how the setting for hidden files work?
> If I change this in preferences-window, all open window updates.

Yes, currently there's only a global preference, and no way to make the
setting different per window. But if there's a toolbar button, I'd expect it
to toggle the setting just for one window, rather than being an alternate
way to set the preference for all windows.

There are many settings that have global preference values and can also be
changed per window. For example the "Hide Toolbar" command hides the toolbar
in one window, and there's also a preference to hide it by default in all
windows.

    -- Darin