[Nautilus-list] For desktop icon how to add a new menu item & associate command with it?

Hi all,

Can some one clarify me for the following Questions.

1.Presently GNU Midnight Commander is default filemanager. Is nautilus is going to be default filemanager for GNOME 2.0 release?

2.I need to add menu item and associated command to the popup menu on
right_click for particular desktop icon(in nautilus).If icon is for cdrom,
then I think following sequence of functions will be called.
nautilus/src/file-manager/fm-desktop-icon-view.c:mount_or_unmount_removable_
volume()

=>update_disks_menu()

=>nautilus_bonobo_add_numbered_toggle_menu_item()

=>add_numberd_menu_item_internal()
am I right in understanding? if so let me know from where does nautilus will
be able to take menu item (is it from nautilus-desktop-icon-view-ui.xml?) and associates functions with it.

And how I can add menu item & associated command with it?