Re: [Nautilus-list] Show hidden files toolbarbutton

> 1. Change the preference from 'Show hidden/backup files'
>    to 'In new windows, show hidden/backup files' in
>    preferences window.
>
> 2. Get the preference when we create a new nautilus window,
>    and don't listen to any changes in the preference window.
>    (meaning: if we change in preference window,
>     don't update open windows)
>
> We can then change status of each window and dont affect other.
>
> The toggles should be placed in both the window menu,
> the right click menu (Prefered location: 'Lay Out Items->Show
> hidden/backup files'?), and a toolbar button for at least
> 'Show hidden files'?
>
> Inputs on this?

This sounds much better overall. I'm not really convinced there should
be a toolbar button for toggling hidden files. There are a number of
functions such as layout order (which I suspect is more commonly desired
than show/hide files?) that do not have toolbar entries. I think it
would be fine to have it just in the menus; not everything has to go in
the toolbar ;-)

As to the exact location of the menu item, "View->Show Hidden Files"
might be better than placing it in the Layout submenu, as this affects
more than the layout in some sense. However, I am a little concerned
with increasing the size of this menu, its already a tad on the large
side for convenient scanning.

-Seth