Re: [Nautilus-list] New show hidden/backup files patch

On 2/14/02 2:51 PM, "Darin Adler" <darin bentspoon com> wrote:

> The word Nautilus seems a bit repetitive in this message, since the entire
> Preferences dialog is about Nautilus. Also, it's not quite accurate to say
> "new windows". Any time you change the view away from "View as Icons" and
> then back to "View as Icons" the setting will be reset to the preference,
> with the current implementation. But maybe "in new windows" is the clearest
> way to say this, even if it's not completely accurate.

On further reflection, I realize there's a bigger problem here. Switching
from View as Icons to View as List will cause this setting to revert to the
value in Preferences.

One simple way to fix this is to store the setting in metadata, as
previously suggested on this list.

There could be other possible fixes, although none come to mind at the
moment. Or we could decide that problem is no big deal.

    -- Darin