[Nautilus-list] Nautilus + autofs

Hi all

I've just switched over to Nautilus (from gmc) and I am quite happy with
it. Pity that eazel went under and all that. :-(

I'm using nautilus 1.0.6 on Debian woody with Ximian Gnome for Debian
potato. Confusing and potentially crazy, I know. Works quite well
normally, though.

I'm having a bit of an issue with auto-mounted filesystems that are
linked as icons on the desktop. When double-clicking them on the desktop
they pop-up a window saying 'Broken link: This link can't be used,
because it's target "blurb" doesn't exist. Do you want to put the link
in the Trash?'. Of course I don't, I want the filessytem to be mounted.
Once the filessytem is actually mounted and unmouted again, the icon on
the desktop just disappears. All this works quite well with gmc and I
can't really see a reason why it wouldn't work with Nautilus. Alas, I
can't see what I'm doing wrong... So, any help on that one is really
much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time!
Andree
--