Re: [Nautilus-list] New show hidden/backup files patch

John Sullivan wrote:

> I've always thought toolbar buttons for cut/copy/paste were silly, for
> the following reasons:
>
> 1. Toolbar space is precious
> 2. Cut/Copy/Paste are already always available in a standard place
> 3. Cut/Copy/Paste already have standard keyboard equivalents

I concur; for much the same reasons, the current draft of the GNOME UI
guidelines recommends only having buttons for Cut, Copy and Paste by
default if there's really nothing more useful you could be putting on
your toolbar (and for consistency, you probably shouldn't bother even
then).  From usability tests of other products I've seen where these
buttons are available, there really aren't enough people use them to
make it worth sacrificing the space.

By all means allow the user to put them there in your 'customize
toolbar' dialog, though  :)

Cheeri,
Calum.