Re: [Nautilus-list] Alex Larsson joins me as maintainer for Nautilus and Eel

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Darin Adler wrote:

> I'll be sharing my Nautilus and Eel maintainer duties with Alex starting
> today. Either Alex and I will be able to review and approve patches, either
> one of us will be able to do a release, and we'll share responsibility for
> all the other things package maintainers have to do.
>
> Alex has contributed a ton to Gnome and Nautilus in the past, and I'm really
> happy he's going to help me shoulder the load. We still have a long way to
> go to get the Gnome 2 port of Nautilus done so that Gnome 2 has a Nautilus
> as good as Gnome 1 (and a whole lot faster), then I know a lot of people
> would like to improve the Nautilus feature set and fix more bugs for Gnome
> 2.2 and beyond!

I don't have nearly the depth and detail of Darins knowledge, but I will
do my best to review patches and handle releases. I will drop some of my
other side projects so I can concentrate on Nautilus.

As Darin said, our main focus will be getting Natilus 2 up to the
stability and feature set of Nautilus 1, and then I will probably look at
performance issues.

My main vision is Nautilus as a useful file manager for day to day
file-handling tasks, and that is what I'm gonna concentrate on.

If other people want to work on new features I'd gladly help them by
answering questions and reviewing patches though.

/ Alex, hoping he can live up to the legendary code reviews of Darin