Re: [Nautilus-list] crashing nautilus doesn't call bug-buddy, AFAICT

On 2/25/02 10:42 AM, "Luis Villa" <louie ximian com> wrote:

> Is there some architectural reason why nautilus doesn't call bug-buddy
> when it crashes? Or has that just been deliberately disabled? I'm
> curious, because it seems like at the moment (1) nautilus crashes a lot
> and (2) there are very few stack traces to show for it in the bugzilla.
>
> If it is just a 'we don't have enough time to read through all the bug
> reports' issue, then let this email serve as a polite reminder that (1)
> I'm trying to read through all incoming nautilus bug reports on the same
> day and (2) we'll hopefully have some Ximian folks working on fixing the
> crashes soon.
>
> So... can we get bug-buddy turned on, if there isn't an architectural
> reason why this isn't feasible?

I think version 1.0 turned it off explicitly. I'm surprised the Gnome 2
version still does this. I'd be happy to remove it.

On the other hand, I don't think that stack traces with "it died" are bug
reports. In previous projects, we had a separate "crash report" database
that was good at automatically detecting duplicates, then we'd make bug
reports from that. But as long as you are handling the bug reports as they
come in, not me, I don't really care.

At the moment, the Nautilus bugs are still too numerous and disorganized to
help me in my work, but that might get better eventually.

    -- Darin