Re: [Nautilus-list] How to suppress new window when mounting filesystem

le mer 02-01-2002 à 18:34, Darin Adler a écrit :
> On 1/2/02 4:06 AM, "Frederic Crozat" <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> wrote:
>
> > I plan to work on this "problem" since magicdev is only available on
> > RedHat, not on Debian, nor MandrakeLinux (and probably other..)
>
> The fact that the setting is in "/magicdev/Options/do_fileman_window"
> doesn't mean that we can't create some way to modify it other than through
> magicdev. The key is arbitrary.

I agree.. The patch will modify the same key but from Nautilus, not from
magicdev..

> > My suggestion would be :
> > -If mount is done through Nautilus (on Desktop, right click, Disks/Mount
> > point), Nautilus open a new window.
> > -If mount is not done by nautilus (ie through command line..), Nautilus
> > doesn't open a new window.
> >
> > In the same idea, when umounting a CDROM drive, nautilus should only
> > eject CDROMS when umount was done via Nautilus..
> >
> > Are you ok with this design ?
>
> I'm not sure this is OK when something like magicdev is running. Some of
> these things mount the CD automatically. In that case, the window should
> show up, right? It's not really "inside Nautilus" or "outside Nautilus",
> it's just automatic.

So, a better logic would be :
-if magicdev is running, keep current behaviour (ie open a new window
when CD is mounted)
-if magicdev is not running (non RedHat system), if mount is done from
Nautilus, open a new window (this setting can be controlled by a
preference in Nautilus Preferences window). If unmount is done by
nautilus, eject CDs..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft