Re: [Nautilus-list] icon and metadata questions

On 1/7/02 5:55 PM, "Frank Worsley" <fworsley shaw ca> wrote:

> When you rename the desktop file inside Nautilus then Nautilus will edit
> the file and replace the current Name value with your new value.

OK. Sounds good.

> 1. inside nautilus-desktop-file-loader.c I had to move the
> nautilus_desktop_file_save and write_all functions so that key_equal
> didn't have to be declared forward.

Sounds fine.

> 2. I had to use key_equal in the nautilus_desktop_file_save function to
> fix a bug that causes the function to change the key for all locales.

OK. I haven't reviewed the desktop file code in there very well -- it was a
post-1.0 addition to Nautilus.

> 3. For some reason I had to declare the set_key_string function forward,
> otherwise I got a 'no previous prototype' or some other warning. Not
> sure why that is.

You need to mark the function static. If it sees a non-static function
without a declaration, it tells you that you made an error. And we don't
want a global function named set_key_string that conflict with functions of
the same name in another file.

> In nautilus-file.c in the nautius_file_rename function we only check if
> the file is gone after doing some other checks. Shouldn't this be the
> first thing to check?

Why? What difference does it make what order the checks are done in? Is
there a specific problem you'd predict?

Your patch looks pretty good. It doesn't follow the Nautilus style guide in
every respect, but I'm not going to give you a line by line critique right
now. It's OK to commit it after fixing the set_key_string thing, but if you
want me to review it more carefully, then I'll do that on Friday when I come
back from my short business trip.

    -- Darin