Re: [Nautilus-list] PATCH: enable renaming of .desktop files

> How did you test this? Did you test the case of a ".desktop" file on a
> non-local file system? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a writable
> directory? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a non-writable
> directory? A ".desktop" file that's not writable in a writable directory?

Umm, I only tested it with files on my actual desktop. ;)
I will test it with the other stuff too.

> I notice that your code in nautilus-file.c ignore the return value from
> nautilus_link_desktop_file_local_set_text, which I suspect could be a
> mistake, but I suspect you'd see that if you tried the test cases above.

Not sure, I will check it out.

> Since this is the first bit of Nautilus coding using the
> nautilus_desktop_file_save function (I think), you should make sure that the
> written-out desktop files preserve all the stuff from the original desktop
> files.

It worked fine with the files on my desktop, so I think that is OK.

> Patch looks good. Feel free to commit once you've considered my remarks.

I don't have a CVS account and don't really know how to use CVS. So, you
will have to do that for me.

- Frank