Re: [Nautilus-list] Copyright + Nautilus GPL or ??

On 1/16/02 8:58 PM, "John Nicholls" <john buderim org> wrote:

> I was looking at the source code files for Nautilus and noticed a file
> called TRADEMARK_NOTICE. It mentions that the Eazel Logo can be removed
> without impairing the way the Eazel GPL Software functions.
>
> Has anyone built Nautilus without the Logo? If so how did you do it, and
> did you replace it with your own Logo??

In later releases, after Eazel was pretty much out of the picture, I removed
the Eazel logo.

I did build Nautilus without the logo to ensure that it was possible at the
time that we clarified the status of the logo (back when I was an Eazel
employee). I remember that we included some instructions about how to do it,
but I don't have an old source tree (before I removed the logo) to look and
find which file they are in. I think it's as simple as removing the
eazel-logo subdirectory, and doing a new configure and build (not sure if I
have the directory name right).

    -- Darin