Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.1.2 problems

On 1/20/02 11:05 AM, "Peter Snyder" <plastercast plastercast tzo com> wrote:

> nautilus (pid:29398): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
> manager:
> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

Haven't seen this one.

> nautilus (pid:29398): GConf-WARNING **: You can't use a GConfEngine
> that has an active GConfClient wrapper object. Use GConfClient API
> instead.

Saw this when using an old gnome-vfs, but it's fixed in gnome-vfs HEAD. We
probably need to ask for a new gnome-vfs release.

> warning: failed to load external entity "(null)"

Not sure what these mean. It would be good to look at it.

> nautilus (pid:29398): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1301
> (g_ascii_strdown): assertion `str != NULL' failed

It would be nice to break into the debugger and find out why we are hitting
this.

> nautilus (pid:29398): Eel-WARNING **: do we need rgb: parsing?
> nautilus (pid:29398): Eel-WARNING **: do we need rgb: parsing?
> nautilus (pid:29398): Eel-WARNING **: do we need rgb: parsing?

I'm highly interested in this one, although it's not a major problem. It's
probably due to rgb color specs stored in metafiles on your machine, but it
would be great to find out exactly where these rgb: colors are coming from.

> nautilus (pid:29398): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1885
> (g_strsplit): assertion `string != NULL' failed

It would be nice to break into the debugger and find out why we are hitting
this.

> I then can get to a desktop, but if I try to open a window, folder, or
> empty the trash, I get a segfault.  I know I should be able to get
> further than this because I have seen screenshots of open windows.  Any
> suggestions?

Yes, I've gotten a lot farther, but there are a few differences. One is that
I'm using the cvs HEAD versions of everything, not the alpha release itself.

Also, with software this rough, it's entirely possible that small
differences in configuration cause you to see bugs that others never see.

    -- Darin