Re: [Nautilus-list] XALF patch

On 1/26/02 11:37 AM, "Rémi Cohen-Scali" <Remi Cohen-Scali com> wrote:

> The first (nautilus1-desktop-file-launch.patch) changes the icon
> activate callback to take advantage of the
> NautilusDesktopFile::nautilus_desktop_file_launch method to launch the
> command in it. This class is made public, at least for the contructor. I
> changed this since my previous patch because the struct can stay hidden.

The patch you included in this message still makes the struct public.

> +            dfpath = g_strdup_printf ("%s/%s",
> +                          nautilus_get_desktop_directory (),
> +                          name);

This code assumes that all .desktop files are in the desktop directory. I'm
pretty sure that's wrong and it can be done correctly, but I have to hurry
right now so I can't look at it myself right away.

The formatting of your patch is wrong, you didn't do spaces before ( in the
function calls.

Your patch frees the desktop file object with g_free. I think you need to
use something like nautilus_desktop_file_free.

> The second patch (nautilus1-desktop-file-launch-2.patch) changes the
> nautilus_launch_application_from_command func to use
> eel_gnome_shell_execute instead of system(3). The implementation seems
> to be close to the system(3) one and I think that it is more consistent.

This second patch also doesn't follow the nautilus style guilde. You have an
if statement without braces.

    -- Darin