[Nautilus-list] Re: AA rectangles in non-aa mode + speedups

On 1/26/02 10:33 PM, "Alex Larsson" <alexl redhat com> wrote:

>> You should kill that FIXME in start_rubberbanding. All you need to do is set
>> errno to 0 ahead of time, and then if it's non-zero afterward, make
>> fill_color be the default color.
>
> errno doesn't work. You have to pass an address for endp and see if it is
> the same as the passed string. errno is only usefull to detect overflow.

Well, I think we should make an eel_stroul_with_default or something, so
this doesn't need a FIXME, but also doesn't need extra variables. Anyway,
I'll take care of that later if you don't right now, but I hate leaving
little tiny loose ends like this when the fix is easy.

> I did check in the shortcut for gnome_canvas_item_raise_to_top(), but that
> is not enough. When you rubberband over icons they become selected, and
> selected items are raised. Since they are then raised over the selection
> rectangle the selection rectangle timeout had to keep raising the it all
> the time. Even with the shortcut in gnome_canvas_item_raise_to_top() this
> makes the whole selection rectangle redraw everytime something was
> selected.

OK. I would prefer to make a eel_canvas_item_send_behind rather than having
all that logic right there in icon_raise, but either way, it seems like the
code takes a good approach.

    -- Darin