Re: [Nautilus-list] Release for Alpha 2?

<quote who="Darin Adler">

> I learned that you wanted a release every Monday from mail that I read
> yesterday. I wasn't able to get everything together for a release that
> day.  Maybe I need more of a road map to understand how you want to do
> this.

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

This week was going to be a beta, but we renamed it, pushed back the
schedule by two weeks, and suggested the snapshot releases on Mondays.
(Should I post these announcements here too? I thought you were on either
desktop-devel or hackers?)

> If it wasn't for the requirements of Alpha 2, I would be doing the next
> release after Anders committed his new version of the tree view (I don't
> want any more bug reports about the old one) and Dave Camp committed his
> redo of file name editing. I thought those were coming last week, but I'm
> still waiting on both.

Hrm, it's afternoon in Europe, and morning in Boston. Do you want me to push
these along before you release, or is it too risky? (Just conferring with
Dave and Anders now, we might be able to get some of this done, with
libgnomeui updates, etc.)

> So I'll do a release later today.

Thanks Darin, very much appreciated,

- Jeff

--
     "They cosset us with trappings to shut us up. That way when we say
     'sharecropper!' you can point to my free suit and say 'Shut up pop