Re: [Nautilus-list] Patch to reenable the search feature

On 1/31/02 1:08 AM, "John Harper" <jsh unfactored org> wrote:

> I ported medusa to gnome2 recently (not committed yet, patch at
> http://www.unfactored.org/~jsh/patches/medusa-patch), and I just
> rearranged some ifdefs in nautilus to reenable the search ui
>
> The search list view still needs some work to make it comparable to
> nautilus 1. E.g. there's no "Where" column currently, and for some
> reason details only fill in after their file has been selected. I also
> had to patch gtk to make either of the list views work, see bug #70152
>
> I've tested this with and without medusa being installed, and it seems
> to work fine in both cases (modulo the above observations)

> +CORE_CFLAGS="`$PKG_CONFIG --cflags $CORE_MODULES` $MEDUSA_CFLAGS"

In the rest of Nautilus, I strive to include all the modules in a single
call to pkg-config rather than just concatenating flags. Can we take that
approach here too, including medusa in CORE_MODULES instead?

> +    /* g_assert (GTK_BIN (object)->child == NULL); */

I'd like to see this either removed completely, or with a comment explaining
why it's commented out.

> +#ifdef XXX_GTK1_STILL_EXISTS

What are these ifdefs? Can you instead just remove this code completely or
use GNOME2_CONVERSION_COMPLETE?

> +                 (GCallback) medusa_remove_state_changed_function,

The preferred style is G_CALLBACK (x).

Should we perhaps make the Find menu item and toolbar button invisible if
medusa is not installed?

Feel free to commit once you've considered these remarks.

    -- Darin