Re: Geometry issues ...

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Gaute Lindkvist wrote:

> > 	So, action item 1: Don't do geometry saving for the single
> > 			   window browse mode - it just complicates the
> > 			   semantics horribly.
> >
> > 	So, action item 2: Since we get a new window per URI _anyway_ we
> > only need to save the geometry on window close
> > 			   and restore it on window creation.
> >

> If you do this _please_ find a small workaround for being able to set the
> default size of new Nautilus windows when browsing in single window mode.
> For instance, here you can save on closing the window.
>
> The reason is that otherwise you'll always get a default window size when
> using Nautilus in single window mode, which at least used to freak me out
> a bit. My heart cried out with joy when I didn't get a _huge_ window
> opening per default.

	Uha... I'm alway going mad when I see applications trying to save
their window positions. That's really a no-no since most applications do
a really bad job in storing their window properties. It's incomplete in
most cases, steals you the chance to use that window manager that fits
your needs best.

	Use a damn session manager, if you want to get window positions to
get stored: In that case the window manager is forced to store the
settings and anything works smooth and perfectly.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
WWW:           http://taschenorakel.de/mathias/
PGP/GnuPG:     1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1