Re: Patch: file share support for Nautilus

Le mer 03/07/2002 à 16:14, Kenneth Christiansen a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> A quick look shows me that the patch uses the textdomain gtk+mdk for
> translating some of the strings. This should be taken care of. These
> strings should probably go into the nautilus textdomain.

Oops, I thought I had removed that for the proposed patch :))

> Also will the user see the messages from the perl script, since these
> are not translatable. I believe there is code in XST to localize
> perl scripts.

Output from the perl script is not displayed to user (we only use return
value from shell scripts or list of shared paths). So nothing needs
translation..

> You should have a look at that.
>
> +#define FILESHARE_CONFIG_PROGRAM "/usr/sbin/diskdrake --fileshare"
>
> I can see that the patch uses the mandrake diskdrake tool. Would it
> be possible to seperate the fileshare code and make a simple
> configuration applet that we can distribute with Nautilus. Then
> you [Mandrake] can just patch nautilus to use your diskdrake tool.

I didn't changed the #define because I had no nother program to call for
that when adapting the patch to official merge.. Maybe modifying
FILESHARE_CONFIG_PROGRAM to call XST File sharing tools would be ok ?
(And of course, I would patch Mandrake version of Nautilus to use
diskdrake instead).

WDYT ?

--
Frédéric Crozat