Re: nautilus-application.c (is_kdesktop_present):

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> 	I imagine a similar amount of wastage can happen under Linux - is there
> any chance we can disable this feature in the standard build, or do it
> more intelligently ? why do we have to recurse over every X window
> registered with the server in order to detect KDE ? - it's not that
> furtive surely :-)

The right fix is to have a manager selection that you have to own to
be the desktop window - see how the system tray stuff in libegg works
for example, or the xsettings stuff in gnome-settings-daemon.

Given the performance hit I think it's fine to just disable this code
for now though.

Havoc