Re: Add Network Neighborhood to Nautilus

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 07:34, zhangyun wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> I would like to add Network Neighbourhood to nautilus just as Windows
> Explorer does, I would like to know is there any plan for nautilus to
> complete this? How can I contribute to this function? Who can give me
> some help?
>
> Thanks Very Much!

The gnome-vfs-extras package does this for SMB (Windows for Workgroups)
shares now. Just install the module and type "smb:" in the Location bar.

You could probably start from there if you plan to add other kinds of
browsing, e.g. NBP, NetWare, SLP, DNS WKS, ... the UI code would be very
similar, just the networking back-end would have to change.