Re: Drag'n drop of files on a launcher

You have to define an Exec parameter value in the desktop file's Exec
string, otherwise Nautilus just appends the URIs to the command. Since
non-gnomevfs apps don't understand URIs this leads to problems.

For emacs you probably want something like "emacs %F". See here for the
available parameters:

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html#EXEC-VARIABLES

A saner default might be to append the local file paths instead of URIs,
anyone object to changing that? I personally think it would be better
since then non-gnome2 apps would work and gnome2 apps understand local
paths anyways. It would break drag'n'drop from remote URIs though, but
that is less common than dragging local files to launchers without Exec
parameters.

- Frank