Re: nautilus initial window size

> It might make it more difficult for the user to set the same geometry
> for multiple directories.  But that's no worse than requiring the user
> to close the window....

So I'm just trying to make this work and it's a little problematic.

I'm using the configure_event to figure out when the window gets
resized. But that's emitted constantly while the user resizes the
window, so we save geometry all the time. That's off course less than
ideal ... especially if you save to a slow disk.

Is there a GTK event that lets me know when a user grabs the window
handles and when he lets go of them? That way I can just wait for the
'user let go' event and save the geometry then.

Otherwise I could add a timeout to the configure event callback that
saves the geometry if no new configure event has occured after a certain
amount of time. Of course that's kind of a bad hack.

Any ideas?

- Frank