Re: Browsing archives

This is an often requested feature. Recently code to support tar files
was added to vfs, so i believe that in the gnome2.2 release time
nautilus will be able to view them. Actually i think it works right now,
but the user needs to expicitly enter the uri in the location bar with
all the monikers etc. for it to work.

as for rpms, Is it really sane to search through an rpm file. I think it
would be great if nautilus had a drag and drop, drop dead simple
interface for installing rpms though. However from what i've heard the
rpm api changes too often for this to be done easily.(alex and all the
other redhat guys please correct me if i'm wrong).

and support zips would be cool. Actually could you file a bug with
gnome-vfs to support zips I do not believe it currently does. There is
no need to file a nautilus bug though.

dave