Re: Newbie HTML Viewer Question

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 19:39, Matthias Barmeier wrote:
    Hi,

    Sorry for this newbie question in this forum, but I don't have found any
    other answering
    my question.

    I use Gnome 1.4 and Nautilus 1.0.6 on debian Woody.
    I have associated Ebrowser Control with text/html mime type in the
    gnome control center.

    But when I click on a HTML File I always see the HTML source code.
    When I try to use Nautilus help facility I see HTML source code too.

    Question:
          What do I have to do to make it work ???

Use a web browser to browse the web? :-)

Seriously, see if the "View as.." selector has "view as web page".

For the web view to work you will need the nautilus-mozilla rpm or
debian packages installed from wherever you got your Nautilus packages.
Those contain the web view that uses Mozilla. At least that works.

Or install nautilus-gtkhtml from cvs. I think Nautilus does not work
with any arbitary bonobo control, but rather needs its own (bonobo
based) nautilus-view components.

I hope this helps although I dont have much clue about how all that
works.. :)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::