Re: Tree View sidebar / List View

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 11:21, Shahms E. King wrote:

> Both of these could be relatively easily accomplished using both one
> model and one view, but in the List View case, just disable the
> expanders and in the sidebar case, just disable the all but the one
> column (and set some reasonable default zoom, possibly turn the rules
> hinting off).  The point is all of this could be done based on the
> requested IID (I think, don't know very much aboot Bonobo at the moment)
> and save a LOT of code duplication.

Keeping the expanders in the list view has some major usability plusses
though, so it would be nice if the list view could be made into more of
a tree (ala the macos list view and the konqueror list view). One issue
with the current list view is drag and drop (assuming it works). How can
you drag an icon into the currently viewed directory if there is no
empty space at the bottom of the list. It's impossible (see bug 68821).

dave