Re: [Nautilus-list] long-standing icon-factory but

On 4 Mar 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 04:45, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > Do you see the bug though? It's very subtle. It should be:
> > size_request.maximum_width = MAXIMUM_ICON_SIZE * requested_size / NAUTILUS_ICON_SIZE_STANDARD;
>
> 	Heh; this is a good one, the fix seems good to me,
>
> > I now have a plan of attack for the remaining SVG issues, namely that the
> > svg icons (especially emblems) are rendered to large and then scaled down,
> > and that we need scalable embedded text and emblem attach point
> > definitions. I'm to tired to do that tonight though.
>
> 	Incidentally, I notice that if an icon has an emblem the SVG file
> seem(s/ed) to be rendered multiple times. ie. If I have i-regular.svg
> for 10 files, each with different emblems, the svg file is opened,
> parsed, rendered each time and the emblems composited on, and the
> emblemized pixmap is stored.

And these SVG icons are all at the same size? That seems slightly bad,
that's not what i'd expect to happen.

> 	That makes me worry further, that the pixmap caching might be really
> quite inefficient in combination with emblems - quite possibly they are
> all separate ( but graphically identical ), that would be rather telling
> when you start to look at system directories which are all have ReadOnly
> emblems (and other stuff) on them.

I saort of played around in my mind a visual representation of the icon
cache. Given that you could immediately see any stupidities going on. It
might be some work though, and it's sort of hard to present that much
information on the screen at once.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lonely Jewish cat burglar with no name. She's a ditzy mute research
scientist from beyond the grave. They fight crime!