Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: "merging" theme "engines"

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
>     1) not theming toolbar icons in Nautilus themes

This should probably be in the GTK theme, as part of the stock icons.

>     2) extending gtk themes so they can include file type icons and we can
> remove icons from Nautilus themes

This should be handled by gnome-vfs rather than the GTK theme engine,
I believe, though it might be nice to add a concept of "icon themes"
covering these icons and application icons (could just use the KDE
icon theme setup, which kills two birds with one stone by making
.desktop file icon handling compatible with them).

>     3) factoring the remainder of a Nautilus theme out into something that
> can be part of a gtk theme

I'm not sure this stuff belongs in a GTK theme; maybe it instead
belongs in some kind of "metatheme" concept.

Seems to me that the first step is to figure out what UI you want for
users. It would be nice IMO to avoid having "Nautilus" as a really
user-visible concept, just as "panel" and "window manager" really
should not be user-visible concepts. These things are just parts of
the desktop, not "apps"

Havoc