Re: [Nautilus-list] fix for thumbnailing files with future timestamp

Hi Havoc,

On 11 Mar 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alex points out that the correct fix is to set the timestamp on the
> thumbnail to the same stamp as the file being thumbnailed, then redo
> the thumbnail if the time stamp on it is different in either direction
> (rather than older).
>
> Does this have implications for the thumbnail specification?

I don't know exactly to what you are referring here, but if it's the
"Thumbnail Managing Standard": Nautilus doesn't support it yet. There is
the libpreview library module in CVS, which provides a simple API for
TMS support, but it's not full featured/ready.

And for the record: In the TMS we don't use the thumbnails file
modification time for comparison but encode it within the thumbnail image
(PNG/tEXt chunks).

Regards,

   Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin