Re: [Nautilus-list] re: Desktop folder

Try connecting to your system from a Windows machine when your system is
running Samba.  Windows will happily put all sorts of goodies in your
$HOME without asking.

Here are a few examples:
Application Data
Cookies
Desktop
History
mmssetup.exe  ???
NetHood
Recent
USER.DAT

Now imagine the user saying what the...where did all that come from.