Re: [Nautilus-list] re: Desktop folder

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 18:48, David Moles wrote:
    On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 13:01, Ben Ford wrote:

    > Wouldn't that be a little disgusting to have show up all over your
    > desktop . . . . .

    That's a little disgusting to have show up all over my home directory,
    let alone my desktop. That is not a well-behaved application.

    That said, is there a setting you can change that will stop it from
    doing that? Is that a result of saving "Finances.gnucash" in the
    default location ($HOME), or is it something that happens regardless?

Pretty much anything defaults to saving on $HOME. Which is *good* too in
terms of $HOME == desktop. Since it makes temporary file storage fast
and convenient to drag-and-drop.

Save something, drag it on the mail composer for example, send the mail,
and drag the file to trash. Nice.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::