Re: [Nautilus-list] Open new window for each folder or file

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 20:03, Shane Mueller wrote:
    I filed a feature request bug a while back proposing a generalized
    solution to this: Named Custom Views.

This reminds me of one of the nicest features I have thought about: The
regexp matching

So I wish I could type "/home/tigert/Pictures/nature-*.png" on the
location field and it would filter the directory based on the regexp
given. So to select all jpegs from a folder you'd just add
foldername/*.jpeg to the location.

Another thing is the cool feature from the Enlightenment filemanager
EFM: it contains a "type buffer" that does regexp matching on keystrokes
on selected windows. So you focus a filemanager window, and start
typing: *.pl and the filemanager would select all .pl files for you. It
would also do a small popup in the middle of the focused window to show
the currently typed thing, which would disappear after a short timeout.
It worked really well, and was very handy. One could also type in
"www.foo.bar" and it would match the www. and open the string as a url
in a web browser etc.

I have no idea how hard these would be to implement, but those things
were extremely useful with EFM when I played with it a bit a while ago.

Tuomasm

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::