[Nautilus-list] [BUG] nautilus wreaks CD/doors!

I'm experiencing this problem as well in conjunction with drives mounted
via autofs. So, I rummaged around a bit and this is what I found in the
Nautilus Changelog:

5270 2001-11-14  Frederic Crozat  <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
5271
5272 * libnautilus-private/nautilus-volume-monitor.c:
5273 (volume_is_automounted), (mount_volume_deactivate):
5274 Add detection of automounted volume, don't eject automounted
     CDROMs.

Is this supposed to be in 1.0.6 already? If so, it's not working for me.
If not, when is the next release due? ;-)

Thanks a lot & best regards
Andree

----------------

On 1/19/02 12:54 PM, "Owen Taylor" <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

> (For nautilus to eject the drive when it isn't the party that unmounts
> it strikes me as prettty dubious.)

I agree.

I guess I don't really know what the current Nautilus code does or why.
This
was an area of Nautilus that I stayed out of during 1.0 development.
Maybe
there's some quick surgery we can do to get rid of this behavior without
causing any other damage.

If I don't get a patch for this in the next few days I'll tackle it
myself.

    -- Darin

--
Andree Leidenfrost