Re: PATCH: remove favorites .desktop file, add stock trash icon make help correct

On 2 May 2002, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 19:57, Dave Bordoley wrote:
>     Right now menu editing doesn't work, but should theoretically in
>     nautilus. Alex does favorites work for you. It hasn't ever worked for me
>     since i've switched to gnome2 using the snapshots.
>
> Seems like favorites is broken. I see stuff there, but if I link things
> there they dont work.
>
> I think we should ditch favorites:// and make a bookmarks:// view, that
> would just do the same thing, just call it "Favorites" since it seems to
> be the term both mac and windows use..?
>
> Both bookmarks and favorites sort of do the same thing anyway.

When you say "Bookmarks", what bookmarks are you refering to? The galeon
ones? The mozilla ones? The nautilus ones?

Favourites used to be a global list of apps that you often used, exposed
in the panel menu and later also in nautilus using favorites:. We have
nothing to replace this with, and doing a bookmarks: view with only the
nautilus bookmarks is a) hard, because that code is nautilus-specific, and
we need it in gnome-vfs, b) somewhat silly, since i think Nautilus
bookmars are pretty useless.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a witless dishevelled inventor on the hunt for the last specimen of a
great and near-mythical creature. She's a strong-willed motormouth nun from
out of town. They fight crime!