Re: Writing a Nautilus view

<snip>

 Maciej> What goes wrong? Does the view always show up or never show
 Maciej> up?

The view never shows up. Is there any specific information I can give
that will be more helpful?

<snip>

 Maciej> Your basic options are:

 Maciej> 1) Cheat and make your component require private nautilus
 Maciej> headers to build. This is a really bad idea, unless you think
 Maciej> you can convince the nautilus maintainers to put your
 Maciej> component in the main Nautilus tree.

 Maciej> 2) Cut and paste the parts of the code that you want. You
 Maciej> won't automatically get new bug fixes and feature
 Maciej> improvements, but you will be safe against random API
 Maciej> breakage.

 Maciej> 3) Get the maintainers to tell you what work is required to
 Maciej> move these classes to somewhere more useful to outside
 Maciej> components and help with that work. This will doubtless take
 Maciej> a long time, especially since work is focused on finishing
 Maciej> nautilus 2, but you could use strategies 1 or 2 in the
 Maciej> meantime.

I guess I will be doing 2) then - when I have something of interest
then I can start asking the maintainers to include it (if they think
it is worth it), or help moving the classes outside.

--
Debugging is anticipated with distaste,
performed with reluctance,

		--- Mads Villadsen