Re: toolbar issues

Hi Jorn,

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 11:35, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Sure. If you write some xml file for a toolbar, you can define a verb,
> alright. So you get the normal click action. But if you want to bind it
> to a popup menu you need to or get the widget from the xml file, add a
> popup menu signal (i couldnt get this one to work)

	You can't get a widget from a BonoboUIComponent - because most likely
it is living in another process, it's not possible, by design.

> or make the widget in the code, which requires a lots of extra boilerplate
> stuff and you get problems with the toolbar style.

	Yes - if you want to do something complicated, you get to put a custom
widget in the toolbar, which means you need to put a control in.

	If that's not satisfying to you, then please codify the common case
that you want to achieve - perhaps a drop-down / right click list
widget, and we can add that common case to the XML format, so that it's
easier to do.

> I added priority="1" to all the toolbar items that require priority, is
> that OK too? seems to work :)

	Yes - sorry, I got confused by my recent style changes :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.