Re: cleaning up nautilus

On 3 Nov 2002, Diego González wrote:

> these patches remove some of the support for the old properties dialog
> and nautilus themes (installing/removing user themes).
>
> there is also a eel_bonobo_pbclient_set_value_async to
> bonobo_pbclient_set_value_async that was moved down from eel to bonobo
> in the last version.
>
> eel patches follow.
>
> There are some files that should be removed.

Looks good to me. Make sure we require the right version of bonobo to get
the bonobo_pbclient_set_value_async function though.

> PD: if the patches are accepted i will write a Chagelog entry for them.
> ¿is there any interes in removing more stuff from eel? some time ago
> some gnome-vfs from eel code was moved to gnome-vfs itself, but the eel
> functions are still there and i think that nautilus is using the eel_*
> stuff instead of gnome_vfs_* equivalents.

In general i would like to systematically go over eel and move really
useful stuff to libgnome(ui). Using the versions in gnome-vfs sounds good.
Just make sure there has been no bugfixes or other changes to the eel code
since that was moved.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fast talking one-eyed cowboy with a passion for fast cars. She's a
disco-crazy goth fairy princess in the witness protection program. They fight
crime!