Re: [patch] Bug #95116 'Empty Trash' should only appear in the Trash View

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 17:32, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> I personally favor the change, because as I said before this only
> applies to one folder in the whole nautilus ui. To be honest in my
> experience at least, I find that i typically right click on the trash =>
> 'empty trash' to empty it. When viewing the trash in a folder view, i'm
> usually trying to undelete.
>
> But i won't make to big of a fuss if you leave it either :)

Yeah, it's a slightly odd one... personally I doubt very much that most
people ever select File->Empty Trash in a non-trash window, so I don't
mind if it goes... it just means it has to magically re-appear if you
switch to trash://, which is somewhat against HIG guidelines (it's
exactly what XP does though).

OSX, for what it's worth, seems to do the same as Nautilus, i.e. you can
empty the trash at any time even if you're not looking at it.  The File
menu in Nautilus isn't particularly big to start with, so it probably
wouldn't do any harm just to leave it alone.

Cheeri,
Calum.